The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has announced 418,192 job openings ahead of the 9th August 2022 General elections. Below are the vacancies;
Deputy County Returning Officers- 47
Deputy Constituency Returning Officers-290
Presiding Officers- 52481
Deputy Presiding Officers- 52841
Logistics Officers- 389
Support Electoral Trainers (SETS)- 5827
ICT Clerks- 580
Polling Clerks / Counting Clerks- 302860
County–Based Voter Educators- 47
Constituency–Based Voter Educators- 290
Ward–Based Voter Educators- 2900
To be able to apply for the above positions, you must;
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a Degree/ Diploma or Certificate from a recognized institution
- Have knowledge of working with Computers
- Be able to manage people, sensitive data, and materials
- Have good report writing skills
- Be available during the whole exercise period
- Have effective communication skills.
If you check all the above, head over to the IEBC official site to apply.
How to Register
- Go to the official IEBC website and click on “Register”
- After you are done filling in the required fields, you will receive an Email before finally completing the process.
Once the registration process is done,
- Log in to your account by entering your username and password
- You are now able to access the “Applicant Cockpit”
- Click on the “Employment Opportunities” to view the job postings
- Click the “Start” button under the “Job Search” heading to view all the available jobs
- To view more details on the job position, click on “job posting”
- Click on the “Apply” button at the top of the page to apply.
- Fill in all the required details on the form displayed on your screen. (Note that it will be impossible to submit the form without filling out the required fields)
- Finally, click on the “Send Application Now” button to complete the process.
According to the Commission Chairman Wafula Chebukati, all applications for the available positions must be submitted on or before the deadline.