Rachel Ruto is the first lady of Kenya and the wife of the newly elected president William Ruto. She is a teacher by profession who graduated from Kenyatta University with a Bachelor of Education degree.
Rachel has been the second lady of the Republic of Kenya since her husband became deputy president in 2013. As the second lady of the country, Rachel was at the forefront of advocating for women’s rights and empowerment.
In her marriage to president William Ruto, Rachel was seen supporting Ruto and standing by his side throughout his journey to presidency. The two have been married since 1991, and have grown to have six kids and multiple properties and businesses in different parts of the country.
Rachel Ruto Wealth
While she trained to be a teacher, Rachel did not practice teaching for long. She announced quitting her teaching career to concentrate on her family affairs. Rachel started taking care of the family business Venture Africa Safaris & Travel Ltd later on.
Her husband, president William Ruto is a wealthy man with several properties all over the country.
Read: Willis Otieno Biography, Age, Career, “Piki Piki Ponky” Meaning
- Weston Hotel which is estimated to be worth over Ksh 2.5 billion
- Sentrim 680 Hotel which estimates to be worth Ksh 3 billion
- A ksh. 1.2 billion residence in Uasin Gishu
- The Oseng Property Limited which is worth Ksh 1 billion
- Oterter Enterprises limited estimated at Ksh. 2.5 billion
- A ksh. 1.5 billion residential property along Jogoo road in Nairobi
- Ksh 1 billion shares at Amaco Insurance, making Ruto a major shareholder
- Osere flats in Rongai, worth Ksh. 500 million
- A residential property in Karen worth millions
- A poultry business worth Ksh. 750 million at his Turbo home in Uasin Gishu county
- K24 TV station
- A chopper worth Ksh. 300 million
Rachel Ruto’s net worth is not yet known. She earns most of her wealth through her political status and family businesses
|Real name||Rachel Chebet Ruto|
|Place of Birth||Kakamega county|
Thanks for reading our article. Got comments or opinions about our journalism? Please send us a WhatsApp message on
+254 733 290 656