Ms. Susan Mochache is the current Health Permanent Secretary of Kenya. This happened after she paid a courtesy call on Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) CEO Dr. Jonah Manjari, on Friday March 15th 2019.
The talks that followed ended with her assuring the authority that she will be on her toes in ensuring that quality, reliable and affordable healthcare services are availed to all Kenyans.
Susan Mochache Age
It is not clear what her real age is. We will update her age on this platform once we find it out.
Susan Mochache Education and Career Background
In the year 2008, Susan went to the University of Strathclyde for her Masters of Science (MSc) in Communications Management.
In the year 1992 to 1995, she acquired her degree in Bachelor of Science (International Business) at United States International University. She also went to Harvard Law school where she pursued a program on Negotiations.
Before landing her current position as the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Health of Kenya, Ms. Susan Mochache has previously on worked as the Principal Secretary for the Ministry of Labour, Social services and East Africa Affairs. Here is a summarized career journey of Susan Mochache
August 2005 – December 2015 – She served as Assistant Director Universal Service Obligation and Funding. Her Duties and Responsibilities were as follows:
- Provide leadership for realization of Universal Access Policy through the Universal Service Fund; A fund created to leverage ICT investment in rural and remote areas in Kenya.
- Spearheads Communication sector statistical management, analysis and publications.
- Lead Strategic planning, budget, pragmatic project management for Universal Access programs.
- Head and participate in national research and surveys
- Originate technical papers of policy and regulatory nature and manage subsequent public consultation
- Forge and fortify strategic collaboration, funding and technical engagements with local and international partners
December 2015 to November 2019 – She served as Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Labor, Social Services and East Africa Affairs.
November 2019 to Date – She serves as the Principal Secretary, Ministry of Health in the Government of Kenya
During the 2017 presidential election campaigns, she went ahead and urged the people from her community to go ahead and support President Uhuru Kenyatta by giving him another term in office. At that time, it was Dr. Fred Matiang’i and her that were in such top positions in the government from the Gusii community.
She justified it by stating a few of the projects in their community that President Uhuru Kenyatta had accomplished setting up and running. Such include the Beyond Zero initiative, reduction in school fees payment for both public and private school education and equipment leasing schemes for county referral hospitals.
She went ahead and urged the people from the Kisii community to give President Uhuru Kenyatta more time by voting for his second term in office so that he may be able to complete his projects. She also promised to work together with the president so as to ensure that the community’s welfare was well taken care off.
Susan Mochache Tribe, Husband and Children
Susan Mochache hails from the Gusii community of Kenya. She is known to be very close with her family immediate family. Details about her family, husband and children are still under wraps.
Susan Mochache Twitter
Susan N. Mochache is a very active user of twitter. During this time of Corona virus as a global pandemic, she uses the platform to sensitize the public on matters Corona virus.
Susan Mochache Net worth
Susan is a hardworking lady who believes in reaping from her sweat. As of the year 2020, her estimated net worth is approximately over Kshs. 45 Million.
Susam Mochache Licenses & Certifications
- Prince 2 Practitioner – Project Management APM Group Ltd (Nov 2010)
- MSP Practitioner – Program Management APM Group Ltd (Dec 2011)
- Leading with Impact Leadership Trust
- Strategy in Action at Strathmore Business School.