The Kenya National Examinations Council abbreviated as KNEC was founded back in 1998. KNEC has a responsibility of conducting education at primary and secondary levels in Kenya.
As the government body, it administers examinations and ensures that policies at primary, secondary and tertiary levels except the universities are implemented as expected.
The body also issues certificates to candidates on completion of a particular level of education such as completion of primary, secondary and tertiary education.
The body is also well known for administering examinations on behalf of all other registered foreign exams boards registered in Kenya such the following:
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- The Association of Business Managers and Administrators (ABMA)
- Association of Business Executives (ABE)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Edexcel International (GCE/IGCSE examinations)
- Institute for the Management of Information Systems (IMIS)
- Institute of Actuaries (IA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Institute of Financial Accountants
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IFA/IAB)
How to Check KCPE or KCSE Results 2021
Due to advancement in technology, checking of examination results is nowadays as easy as you can imagine. Examination results of every candidate in Kenya can be checked either on the KNEC official portal or by using SMS line
Read: How to Easily Obtain EACC Clearance certificate in Kenya
To check for KCSE results online, log onto http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ and enter your index number.
To check for results via SMS, Send your KCSE or KCPE index number to 20076. This message can be send on any mobile device which uses either Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks. On sending the index number to the code, you will be charged Ksh. 25.
KNEC Portal – Knec-portal.ac.ke
The KNEC Portal is Knec-portal.ac.ke. Other than administration and regulation of examinations, the following are Kenyan examinations which KNEC awards certificates to candidates on their completion:
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Primary Education (KCPE)
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Primary Teachers Education (PTE)
- Teacher Certiﬁcate in Adult Education (TCAE)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE)
- Business Education Single and Group Subjects Examinations (Certiﬁcate)
- Business Management Courses (Certiﬁcate and Diploma)
- Technical Education (Certificate, Diploma and Higher National Diploma)
How to Contact KNEC
You can call the KNEC offices on the following lines:
Tel: +254 020 3317412/ 2213381/ 3317419 / 3341113 / 3341071 / 3317413 /3317427 / 3341098/ 3341027/ 3341050 /
You can write to KNEC via Email: [email protected]
KNEC Fax: +254-020- 2226032 KNEC Mobile: 0732333860/0720741001
KNEC portal: www.knec-portal.ac.ke
KNEC Website: www.knec.ac.ke
Thanks for reading our article. Got comments or opinions about our journalism? Please send us a WhatsApp message on
+254 733 290 656