The College of Insurance was specifically established as an answer to the market needs of Kenya, with a detailed attention to the local culture and current matters affecting the field of Insurance in the country. The institution is keen on advancing the careers of Kenyan professionals and even preparing upcoming professionals for a career in Insurance.
Courses offered at Kenya College of insurance
The college is endowed with a variety of programs that students can make their selection from. Below are the courses that the College of Insurance offers:
- Diploma in Insurance (2 years)
- Craft Course in Insurance (1 year)
- Certificate of Proficiency (3 months)
- Chartered Insurance Institute Courses (6 months)
- Trustee Development Program (5 days)
- Award in Bancassurance (3 months)
- Liability Insurance Underwriting & Claims
- Management of Motor Insurance Underwriting & Claims
- Record Management in Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance Underwriting & Claims
- Strategic Investment for Insurers
- Effective Insurance Investigations
- Risk Based Underwriting
- Insights into Insurance Fraud Prevention and Management
- Health Medical Management
- Data Analytics
- Pension Administration and Management
- Operational Excellence for Insurance Professionals
- Bancassurance Business Seminar
- Customer Service Management Seminar
- Fundamentals of Claims Handling
- International Marine Insurance
- Pre-retirement Planning Seminar
- Corporate Governance and Leadership
The College of Insurance has more short courses available for learners to take advantage of. They take short periods of time, the maximum time for a short course offered at the institution running for five days. The institution offers three examinations – Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance, Certificate Course in Insurance and Diploma in Insurance (Fellowship and Associate levels).
To cater for learners’ well being while at the College of Insurance, the institution has a hospitality package consisting of accommodation, restaurant and catering, pool lounge and conferencing packages.
College of insurance Fee Structure
The College of Insurance charges students differently depending on the courses taken for study. Depending on the course one selects, they can access the fees due at https://www.coi.ac.ke/academics/courses/. It is worth noting that foreign students who undertake any of the courses, short courses or special programs provided by the institution, their fees and general charges are 15% more than the Kenyan students’ fee payments.